Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What drives me crazy

First of all I have NEVER liked running late.  I feel like I am running late if I don't arrive ten minutes early.  I basically go into a wild frenzy and start running around like a chicken with my head cut off when behind schedule.  

and that is exactly what happened on Saturday.  

Every week we split a bountiful basket with our good friends the Warcups.  I pick it up every Saturday morning usually around 7am.  This is never a problem because I wake up around 6:15, 6:30.  BUT this Saturday I found myself rolling out of bed at 7:15.  Chase looked at me and asked "what time are you going to get the bountiful basket" 

And that's when I went into panic mode.  I proceeded to throw on any and every item of clothing I could find told Chase he had to drive me (I am blind without contacts and decided I didn't have time to put them in...) and called Mrs Kelsie Warcup.  

why did I call her? 
no idea

this is how our conversation went

Me- "Kelsie I just woke up and maybe you can go to the school to pick up the basket you live a lot closer but actually Chase and I are leaving right now to get it and we will get it because I will call and have someone wait if they are willing for a couple minutes sorry if I woke you up you can go back to sleep " (all in one breath)

Kelsie- in a very tired voice "what? okay, thanks Liz"


So I arrived at the elementary school to pick up our basket and finally looked down at what I was wearing.  I had on a backwards inside out shirt, Chase's corduroy shorts, mismatched shoes, and my hair was in a crazy messy ballerina bun that had been slept on. 

The ladies who were waiting for me took one look at me, burst into laughter, and instantly forgave me.  THANK GOODNESS!

the end




4 comments:

  1. Ok, I loved this. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the much needed laugh, and why not invest in some glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously laughing all over again. Sorry I wasn't more helpful haha!

    ReplyDelete